Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Best Trip to Oahu Ever... NOT!

So my sister Hollie and her husband Jordan have never been to Hawaii. Well it makes perfect sense that they come see me while I live here right? So they decide to come to Hawaii. After all was said and done it worked out best for them to just go to Oahu so the plan was for me to go stay with them for a couple nights. I was so excited to go see them. I had been missing home and thought this would be the perfect fix. Boy was I wrong... I finally got there Friday morning after my flight was delayed a couple hours. I was so excited to see them and right when they pulled up to pick me up all I could do was burst into tears and say, "It's my family!". Haha okay a little sad.. I know.

We had a really fun day starting off with the Waimea Canyon hike up to the waterfall. We hike our way on up only to find the waterfall is barely visible because it was so dry. A little bit of a let down but we had to laugh at it.



Of course we stopped to visit the Dole Plantation to have some pineapple sherbet. I introduced them to Rufus the sea turtle. I hadn't seem him since last March so it was good to pay him a visit on the beach.



Now mind you on all these adventures we were taking pictures of everything. I thought to myself, "Oh it will just be easier for Hollie to take them all and I will have her burn me a cd and mail it to me." So I kept my camera tucked away occasionally taking a scenery picture. Bad idea.

The next day we went to the swap meet at the stadium. I think it is an unwritten law you have to go there if you are on Oahu. After that we went up to Kailua beach to lay out and chill on the beach. The highlight of the trip was making a stop at the store Ross. I have missed my weekly shopping trips to Ross and was in heaven being able to shop!!



A great day again. That night we hung out on Waikiki, watched the sunset, swam in the pool, walked up and down Waikiki looking in shops etc.

The next morning we had to check out of our hotel so we decided to go check out the new Marriott in Ko'Olina. It was beautiful! It is a nice new area on Oahu.





I was not looking forward saying goodbye to Hol and Jord later that night but it was a good day. We went to the Valley of the Temples and walked around the grounds.





After that we decided to head up to the North Shore and come back down and watch the sunset on Sunset Beach and head to the airport later that night.

Well we pull up to La'ie and I wanted to take them to La'ie Point to see the view. So we pull up and park right on the point. We get out and I take my camera to take a picture.






I leave my purse in the car, Jord has his wallet in Hollie's purse and she leaves it all in the car. We lock the car, and it is in our sight. Well as we are taking pictures we realize a truck has pulled up next to our car. We start walking back and I realize the window is broken out of my door. So the stupid "Bad Guys" as I refer to them got away with Hollie's camera with all of our pictures, all 3 of our cell phones, our wallets (which included our id's and all of our money and credit cards), and 2 ipod's.

I pretty much hate those bad guys and wish they would have been caught. Unfortunately the police have better things to do and frequently commented "This happens all the time.." Like that makes it any better. So at this point I am a nervous wreck. I think that might be an understatement. I am thinking "I don't have a phone to call my mom. I can't get home to Kaua'i without my id, I have no money and I can't get a hold of my roommates to pick me up at the airport."

Jordan was the most calm level-headed person in this situation. Poor guy had to listen to me cry all the way from North Shore to the airport. Hol and Jord were great. They walked me to my gate and made sure I got through security before they went to catch their plane. And to think I am such an independent person.. I couldn't have made it through that day without them. Ha! I guess it was a great "Learning Experience" as my mom would say :)

Speaking of which my parents were GREAT through all this. We couldn't get a hold of them but Jordan's parents called them to let them know what had happened. By the time we got to the airport and finally reached them they had canceled all my credit cards, called my roommates to make sure they knew when to pick me up (I'm still trying to figure out how they got their numbers) and they just really are the greatest parents! So thanks again for all your help!

Despite the last day it really was such a fun trip. I loved being with those two and have unforgettable memories! Even if I don't have too many pictures to prove it... Thanks again Hollie and Jord!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jake said...

Okay, so I CANNOT believe you're living in Hawaii! So jealous! I'm glad you found us so we can keep up with what you're doing! Looks amazing. Sorry I didn't call you back a while back-life was crazy and I just spaced it. But we are more settled now and liking it out here! I'm not sure when we'll be back in UT for a visit, probably spring sometime--but I guess you'll be back home then so we can catch up! We'll keep checking back! Becky :)

Jenny Moore said...

You need to have Dog the Bounty Hunter track those guys down! Seriously. Maybe if you go back to the swap meet, you'll find your phones and camera at one of the booths. What a bummer. I can't imagine how mad you are if I'm this steamed and it wasn't even me. Your pictures look really cute, though. You and Hollie are darling!

Jake said...

I would have been fuming at those bad guys. Nobody picks on my Hillary.
J

jodie rae said...

I hate bad guys Hill! Those jerks stole my purse in Oahu too! I'm never taking a purse there ever again! haha Miss you and can't wait to see you soon!

the fellers said...

oh my gosh, I havent read your blog in awhile...and I missed this whole story! WHAT THE!?!? I am so sorry, that is one of the worst things! I hope that you are doing better!